Village Backdrop: Hopespyre 2.0
A Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible GM's Resource by Jacob W. Michaels
Their beliefs considered heretical by the Church of the God of the Sun and their presence viewed as a threat to the cruel ruler of their homeland, the Church of the Redemptive Flame fled and founded a new home in remote Hopespyre. The cult now wants nothing more than to live a sin-free life in their new refuge but events conspire against them. The evil elemental lord of fire has set his sights on the cult and schemes to subvert its good intentions. Aging church leader Dagor Thursh edges closer to death with each day, and a struggle is growing for the right to succeed him, its flames fanned by followers of the elemental lord who have infiltrated the village.
Most of the village comprises normal homes. A few locations, however, are of interest to adventurers.
- Font of Redemption: This ever-burning pyre is Hopespyre’s literal and spiritual heart.
- Dagor Thursh’s home: Other than two guards, little distinguishes the cult leader’s home from other residences.
- Brother’s House: The village’s unmarried men live in this wooden longhouse.
- Sister’s House: This wooden longhouse houses the single women of Hopespyre.
- Visitor’s House: Half-hostel and half-prison, visitors stay here for free, treated as guests but watched with a wary eye.
- Communal Kitchens: The village’s meals are served here.
- Makers Hall: Craftsmen use this site, originally several houses that were later connected, to make magic items.
- Secret Shrine: Secret followers of the elemental lord of fire meet at this home owned by Katin Shiss’ supposed sister.
- Watch Tower: Two guards occupy these towers at all times, keeping an eye out for threats within and without.
Village Backdrops are short, richly detailed supplements that each present a single village ready to insert into almost any home campaign. Perfect for use as a waystop on the road to adventure, as an adventure site themselves or as a PC’s home, Village Backdrop present the details so the busy GM can focus on crafting exciting, compelling adventures.
Format & Delivery
This is a digital product. Once you’ve checked out, you will receive a download link for your purchase.
This book is a Dual Format PDF. You’ll find two versions in the zip file: one optimised for printing and use on a normal computer and one optimised for use on a mobile device such as an iPad. The two versions are identical except the screen version has been compressed so it renders quicker on screen.