4d4 Wolves' Den
by Guest Designer
November 19, 2019
Are you a busy GM? Does session prep take too long? Do you never have time to work on the cool little details that can bring your session to life? Well fear not! This article presents four tables to help you add depth and verisimilitude to the wolf dens in your campaign.
Outside the Wolf Den
- The stink of ammonia and musk gets noticeably stronger near several large trees.
- The mangled corpse of a woodcutter lies tangled up in the guts of an elk; both display bite marks.
- A low cave under a tree stinks of wolf scent and rotting flesh. (It was previously used to raise cubs.)
- Heavy bear prints mix with those of the wolf pack in what looks like a running battle.
Major Den Features
- Ancient tribes have carved the front of a cave into the form of a massive howling wolf.
- Effigies of six different demonic-looking wolves top huge stone pillars.
- Sharp stalactites and stalagmites look like huge fangs erupting from the cave’s roof and floor.
- Growling and yipping echoes around the den, confusing the location of the prowling wolves.
- Thick black fur with grey stripes cover the scarred skin of this huge worg.
- Pure white fur and pink eyes set this wolf apart from the rest of the pack.
- With soft grey and brown fur and large brown eyes this female worg looks decidedly peaceful. In this cace, looks are deceiving.
- Blood from a recent kill covers this wolf’s fur silvery black fur. The wolf’s eyes are bloodshot and have a hint of madness about them.
- A silver chain spiked with wolf fangs that can rip deep into the flesh of its wearer is coiled around a pillar.
- A wolf head-shaped helmet made of pig iron and studded with fangs lies on the floor.
- This heavy axe shaped like a wolf’s head impales its victims with long fangs and holds tight on command.
- Thick wolf hides cover this suit of leather armour studded with silver spikes. Fitted with many belts and straps the armour transforms the wearer into a massive wolf on command.
The material in this article appears in Monstrous Lair #43: Wolves’ Den by Steve Hood which is available here at the Raging Swan Press shop.
Members of our Patreon campaign got Monstrous Lair #43: Wolves’ Den, free as a thank you for their awesome support. Join today!