4d4 Otyugh's Sewer
by Guest Designer
September 24, 2019
Often overlooked as a stupid brute the cunning otyugh is nevertheless a peerless hunter in its noisome lair.
Major Lair Features
- Effluent dripping from above forms large stalagmite-like growths in the corridors and chambers.
- A thick crust of dried sewage has formed atop the effluent and is seemingly solid until stepped on.
- The many points of a deer’s skull stick up from the depths of a deep pool.
- A section of wall has collapsed into the passage, creating a field of slimy, jumbled rubble.
What’s Going On?
- The otyugh casually throws stones into a pool and seems to enjoy the splashes.
- Half submerged in a pool the otyugh catches clear dripping water from above on its tongue.
- The otyugh struggles to clear a blockage in the channel of effluent that redirects the flow away from its lair.
- The otyugh noisily rips apart the body of a thief who it recently caught; his loot lies nearby amid the muck.
- The otyugh’s thick blue tentacles float on the surface of the muck, as it rests.
- A thick crimson pattern decorates the the otyugh’s back.
- With chalk grey skin speckled with browns and greens the otyugh blends into the surrounding sewage.
- Heavy spatters of russet brown mar this ochre-skinned otyugh’s rubbery hide.
Treasures to Find
- Elegant, but filthy, silk slippers laced with pearls and amethyst adorn the feet of a female human’s skeleton.
- This small ceramic pot contains grey paste that destroys, or possibly repairs, rust when applied.
- Gold and silver coins fill this large box. The chest’s rotted bottom disintegrates when it is moved, dumping the treasure into the sewer.
- A winged helm rest on the surface of the effluent; its flying charm failed its previous owner at the worst possible time.
This is an extract from Monstrous Lair #39: Otyugh’s Sewer by Steve Hood. Monstrous Lair #39: Otyugh’s Sewer is a System Neutral product and compatible with virtually any fantasy game (that features otyughs).